As long as I remember, I always had dandruff issues. It started around the same time I entered puberty.
No matter what I did in the past to resolve this condition, nothing happened.
I used shampoos quite regularly but nothing seemed to help. Shampoos helped me to get rid of dandruff for 2-3 days but the dandruff came back again with vengeance.
So I started researching on dandruff.
Here is Wikipedia entry
Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. As skin cells die, a small amount of flaking is normal; about 487,000 cells/cm2 get released normally after detergent treatment. Some people, however, experience an unusually large amount of flaking either chronically or as a result of certain triggers, up to 800,000 cells/cm2, which can also be accompanied by redness and irritation.
According to one study, dandruff has been shown to possibly be the result of three factors
1. Skin oil commonly referred to as sebum or sebaceous secretions
This has a lot to do with sebum production. However, there are few things which you should always keep in mind which aggravates sebum production.
a. If you use shampoo to often, instead of actually cleaning your scalp, you irritate your sebaceous gland even more which in turn produces more and more oil and you have to use Shampoo again. It’s vicious cycle.
b. If you choose wrong shampoo for your hair type, it will end up stripping off all the oil which is necessary to keep your hairs moisturized. Use Coconut or Olive oil on regular basis to keep your hair moisturized.
c. If you have tendency to secrete more oil, you also need to check your dietary intake of Vitamin A. It’s very essential to control excessive sebum production. Excess of Vitamin A can cause problems too.
2. The metabolic by-products of skin micro-organisms (most specifically Malassezia yeasts)
This is very common infection on scalp. It’s believed that it’s caused by Fungus (and/or Bacteria) which feeds on Sebum.
To get rid of this, I have used Onion and Garlic juice, it was very beneficial to get rid of it. Onion/Garlic/ACV juice applied topically also stops hair loss and regrows new hair.
3. Individual susceptibility and allergy sensitivity
I faced this problem for a longer duration. Whenever, I ate certain foods, whenever I didn’t get enough sleep and whenever I was stressed, I used to see either a lot of dandruff or constant oiliness/itching.
I methodically identified such foods and started changing my lifestyle in order to reduce consumption of such foods and adjust my lifestyle so that I counteract effects of stress using right food and right methods.
So what you can do to completely get rid of dandruff, itch and oiliness on your scalp ?
1. Try to consume diet which will correct your Hormonal Imbalance.
2. Check your intake of Vitamin A. (Excess of it can negate good effects of it)
3. Use specific types of scalp massages which will help you to get rid of excessive sebum production in 2-4 weeks (and more in case if you have this issue for longer duration) Learn more about it here
4. Use Towel rub to get rid of excessive dandruff, reduce oil formation on your scalp while stimulating dormant hair follicles. If you don’t do it correctly, you probably won’t get any results or negative results. Learn Towel Rub Technique here.
5. Use Shampoo less frequently and use shampoo which is suitable for your hair type.
If you want to learn everything about how to stop hair loss/hair thinning, resolve dandruff, itch and oiliness and start regrowing hair naturally, I have created a comprehensive resource which will help you to achieve all these things naturally, it’s called “Hair Regrowth Blueprint”